|This picture has nothing to do with my post. It was just a neat building we saw in Montova, Italy, many years ago.|
Which, incidentally, I'm thankful for. So there. It's relevant after all.
Today I'm thankful for many things:
- The smell of granola baking.
- Open gym play time for the kids, visiting time for the mamas.
- Having Erik home earlier in the afternoon.
- Getting closer to putting the house on the market, slowly, slowly.
- Lentil soup - simple, hearty, filling.
- Pearl's sweet voice.
- A good day with a child who often is very challenging.
- My favorite candles burning on the mantle - orange, clove, and cinnamon.
- Quince simmered in apple cider with cloves, reminiscent of canned crabapples, memories of a happy childhood.
- Being close enough to my mom and dad that the kids get to see them often.
- Brothers playing happily together for a long time.
- Getting to see both of my sisters.
- A warm, dry home on a drizzly gray day.
My sister Alyssa wrote today about her gratitude for her own warm and dry home. She expressed very well what a great gift this is. I encourage you to go read it here.
For what are you thankful for today?