Today I'm thankful for Erik. Well, I'm thankful for him every day, but on this day I'm writing a little about it. We've known each other for fifteen years and been married for just about ten. In that time he's gone from being a slightly intriging fellow to being my husband and closest friend. Here are just a few of the many things I love about this man:
- He is hard working and loyal, steady and strong.
- He doesn't complain, even though his job challenges him in many not-so-pleasant ways.
- He is always trying to find better ways of doing things.
- He has amazing blue eyes.
- He's humble.
- He makes me chai.
- He loves our family.
- He cleans the kitchen. Often.
- He loves my cooking.
- He brought home Coconut Bliss tonight. (Bonus points for that!)
- He's very generous.
- He cares deeply for his parents.
- He has a tender heart.
- He understands the importance of good chocolate.
- He gets up with the kids on weekends so I can sleep in.
I waited what seemed like a long time for the right man to come along, and I'm so glad I did. We've grown and changed a lot in the last ten years, and I look forward to many more.