- We had some friends over for lunch and had build-your-own panini. It was a fun meal that didn't require any advance preparation. I'll have to tuck that away for another time when we're having guests. A wonderful time was had by all, not to mention it was a good way to use up some two-day-old ciabatta.
- I found the first ripe blueberries!
- Erik made a fire in an old metal washtub and cooked hot dogs for supper. Afterwards, we roasted marshmallows and made smores to complete our "practicing up for camping" meal. I think our "hillbilly bar-b-que" was pretty fun, and so did the kids.
- Peregrine singed his eyebrows. And eyelashes. That's a first for him, I believe. Erik singed his armhair, but I'm pretty sure he's done that before.
- And Raphael, not wanting to be left out on the whole "firsts" thing, smells like campfire this evening. It's pretty cute, really, and, in my opinion, a very manly smell. (It reminds me of a story my mom tells about my older brother when he was then a baby, He had dirt under his fingernails, and my Dad thought it was so cute!) I love it when Erik smells like campfire. (Except when I have morning sickness. Which I don't.)
Saturday, June 21, 2008
We welcomed the first day of summer with a few firsts of our own: