Guess who is one month old today? I can hardly believe it!
Here are some bits and pieces of life around here:
- Gloria and Baby got to come home from the hospital last night! Hooray! He is doing good and I trust they and Okon are very happy to be in their own home together. Thanks so much for your prayers.
- I explained to Peregrine the other day that people choose different places to give birth to their babies. Here are his thoughts on homebirth: "That's how I'm going to ask my wife to do it. I'll tell her that I would prefer her to have our baby at home so we don't have to be away from home so much. If we ever adopt any orphans, my wife and I, we'll have our birth at home so we won't have to go to the hospital so we won't have to sleep there, so we can take care of our orphans."
- We just bought a quarter of a cow, cut and wrapped and in the freezer. It's local, grass-fed, hormone and antibiotic free beef. Woohoo! We don't really eat a lot of beef, but when we do I like to buy the good stuff, and this is way cheaper. I also really don't know how to cook anything other than hamburger and roasts. So I guess I'm going to be getting familiar with the meat section of my cookbook. Do you have any good beef recipes you'd like to share?
- We'd appreciate your prayers for our family. The last few days have been really difficult with Peregrine, and we really need God's wisdom to know how best to guide our boy. Also, Poppy has been having night terrors, which is upsetting to say the least. Please pray for God's grace and peace for us.
- And I'll leave you with one last picture- we're (happily) outnumbered by these three little and not-so-little sweeties!