Shadow, 30 Weeks
Here are some of the interesting questions I've been asked recently by the five and under crowd:
- Why is that part of you so fat?
- Will the doctor get the baby out?
- Will your dad pull the baby out? (I think the inquirer on this one meant my husband, not my dad.)
- Are your n*pples starting to collect milk for the baby?
- Is the baby going to come out of your belly button?
This belly of mine, and its contents of course, are beginning to cause quite a stir among Peregrine and his friends. They come up with all sorts of interesting questions, as you can see! Peregrine is quite desperate for this baby to be born, and no matter how much I explain to him that he really needs to grow some more first, he remains quite convinced that sooner would be better! He's rather eager, you see, to teach his brother how to sword fight and do karate with him. (Although Pepito is, I think, already practicing his karate moves. At least it sure feels that way!) Answering some of these questions, when they don't come from my own children, can be a bit tricky. It's just hard to know sometimes exactly what to answer on some of the more delicate ones!