I was a little unsure of how to proceed with teaching the letter X, since the few words that start with it don't make it's usual sound. I was glad to read what this site said about teaching it: make an eXception to teaching words that start with the letter and teach instead words where x makes its normal sound (ks). That made perfect sense to me!
- Read Little Cottontail, in which Little Cottontail grows up and learns how to avoid becoming dinner to a foX. (This is a classic in my family; my Dad has read it countless times to kids and now grandkids. It's a fun story, but also a good lesson on the importance of listening and obeying!)
- Read The TaXi that Hurried, a classic Goldenbook that is also a favorite around here.
- Have Peregrine do the X page on Starfall.com.
- Make and eat some MeXican food and remember last fall's eXcursion to MeXico.
- Go eXploring.
- Read about the saXaphone in The Story of the Orchestra and listen to some saXaphone music.