After a very long break, we are resuming our letter-of-the-week activities. There are about a Trillion things we could do for T, but here are a few we have done or are planning to do this week:
- Learn about Trains, play with Trains, listen to Train songs, and read books about Trains! Bring Peregrine's Train Table out into the front room.
- Have a Teddy Bear Tea with Teddy Bears and Alethea's little Tea Set.
- Sing "I'm a Little Teapot".
- Make Tiny Tacos, a recipe from Salad People by Mollie Katzen. (This book, and her other cookbook for kids, Pretend Soup, are wonderful! Peregrine will peruse them carefully, marking the recipes he wants to try. Each recipe has a two page spread with instructions for the "grown-up helper" and then two pages with pictorial instructions for the little one. Peregrine loves these books! The recipes are simple, and really do appeal to kids.)
- Talk about being Truthful.
- Work on the th blend.