I thought it was time for a little update on some of the happenings around here:
* Erik still hasn't gone on strike. The night before it was supposed to happen, his employer gave a little in negotiations, which meant it went back to another Union vote. Of course their offer was rejected and so now we are waiting for them to issue another strike notice. It makes for a pretty charged work environment as you can imagine. I wonder how long this game playing will go on! We're looking forward to it being settled, but at this point we don't know when that might be.
* We're in the middle of allergy season here in the grass seed capital of the world. What that means for us is that we have about 6 weeks of itching, watering eyes, and sneezing runny noses! Good sleep is hard to come by, and we're feeling tired and worn out. So please keep us in your prayers through the next few weeks of this. It's usually over around July 4th.
* Poppy is taking her first teetering steps and it's pretty exciting to get to be part of such a wondrous thing!
* We have tasted our first few ripe raspberries and are watching for our strawberries to ripen. Mmmmm...... I also noticed tiny fruit on our Kiwi vines yesterday! It's so exciting to watch things grow and then to get to enjoy the harvest!
* I decided to spend another week on the letter I, as last week we didn't get much done.
Well, I think that's about it for now. Not too much exciting, but I wanted to report on what was happening with the strike. Have a great Wednesday!