Wednesday, April 19, 2006
C is for Camel.....of Course!
Week Three and we are onto the letter C! Peregrine has gotten used our letter themes now and keeps asking "are we still talking about the letter C?" We are halfway through the week and having lots of fun. Here are some of the things we've done or plan to do:
* Learn about Camels and Color some pictures of them. (They're my favorite animal, so this is high on the list.)
* Memorize Colossians 3:12 "Clothe yourseleves with Compassion. Read stories about Jesus. To practice compassion, bake Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies for some homeless people.
* Play Copy Cat
* Make Corncakes for breakfast (pancakes made with cornmeal and corn kernels-very yummy!)
* Observe our caterpillars and talk about their life cycle. They've more than doubled in size since we got them on Friday! Soon they'll be forming their Chrysalids.
* Listen to Classical music and talk about different Composers.
* Look at the Calendar and practice Counting and number recognition.
* Read Curious George, The Very Quiet Cricket, Corduroy, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, and Little Cottontail.
* Read the story of Creation from the Bible.
* Make Carrot Cupcakes
* Practice Cutting
* Plant Cucumbers in pots to transplant later
* Plant Carrot seeds in a see-through container so we can watch as they grow down
* Talk about countries that start with the letter C
* Spend as much time Cuddling as a busy 3 1/2 year old will allow!