Tuesday, April 11, 2006
B is for Blowing Bubbles
Peregrine and I are having so much fun with our letter-of-the-week. We have moved on to B and I can't believe how many things start with B. There are more ideas than we could possibly do in one week, but here are a few that we have done or hope to get to in the next few days:
* Bake Bread and have it with Bean Soup
* Read about Bears, Birds, Bats and Bugs
* Learn about Butterflies and make these pretzel butterflies for a snack.
* Read about Bees and eat some honeycomb.
* Build with Blocks
* Make Butter and spread it on fresh Banana Bread
* Blow Bubbles
* Plant our Blueberry Bushes
* Read about Baby Animals
* Learn about and listen to Bach and Beethoven
* Make Bug shaped pasta with Broccoli
* Bar-B-que with Daddy
* Play Ball
* Sing Baa Baa Black Sheep
* Take a walk and look at the Blackberry Bramble. Talk about the seasons.
* Recite Matthew 5:9 "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the sons of God". Talk about ways we can make peace and ask the Lord to help us.
* Read Blueberries for Sal, The True Story of Balto and Brown Bear Brown Bear What do You See?
* Look at the flags of countries that start with B and find them on the map.
* Talk about friends and family whose names start with B.
* Make the letter B out of frozen Blueberries and then eat it.
* Talk about being Brave and read Bible stories from the life of David.